Saturday 26 December 2009

Heart rate

Ok so maybe it's 'cause I'm feeling a bit like I've eaten far too much of the wrong thing of late (well, it is Christmas!!). But I thought I'd actually see what my heart rate is. If I'm any good, I'll check this over the next few days to see what my average is. But anyway today:

1500, large lunch an hour ago, just had dessert, 78bpm resting (30 secs x2)

I'm finding it hard to find a definitive 'healthy range' but from what I can tell anything over 80 isn't good. Different sites seem undecided as to whether 60-80 is ok or 70-80. Either way, I'm pushing 80. I will try and remember to count tomorrow morning before getting up as that's when you're supposed to test it.

I would guess my recovery rate is fairly good though, it feels like it usually is. I will have a check next time I do some exercise which hopefully will be in a few days!

No comments: