Saturday 31 July 2010

Spinning!

I go through phases of preferring spinning or static pole. Once I enter a phase, my home pole stays on that mode for months. I'm back to being spinny :)

Of course, that might totally gimp my abilities when I go to Canada in September (IPC Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!) but hey ho, it's all good fun :)

So, after my big depressive braindump a few weeks ago, I'm feeling prety good today. Generally though, my depression has been causing major, serious hell. But whatever, it can go f'*ck itself *grin*. I'm going to see my homeopath/kinesiologist on Wednesday and I'm sure she will sort me out, she's worked miracles in the past :)

My strength is coming back slowly. In class on Thursday my handspring straight edge was loads stronger, held it for a good long time. I utterly love holding that move, I love how secure it feels and I still get a buzz out of being able to do it. We did doubles too, straight edge to aysha.

Oh, and my caterpillar came back (hurrah!). Still a weak move for me, still need to practice it loads but it's all strength and the more you do something the stronger you get and the more your muscle memory improves. Also pulled of a spinning knee hold. Woop woop.

Failed a bit at a pike. Hip holds hurt like hell and I dislike them. Therefore, they need to go on my list of things to practice a lot!

Scorpio is there now, doesn't hurt like it used to and I've only just realised I'm no longer having problems with it, man I swear that move is the one that's taken me the longest to learn ever. I'd stick a scorpio in the lower intermediate bracket and it's taken me 2 years to get. Oh well, I got there eventually. That's progress :)

Oh and, I have actually been doing some stretching. And........ *drum roll please* I can see progress in my splits! Really happy with that.

I think I'm past the "OMG new move I'm so happy!" phase. There are loads of things I can't do, but I am very much now wanting to improve and perfect what I can already do, as opposed to just going "new move, new move, new move." So to improve on my flexibility, peformance and control would be amazing.

So, feeling good over all. We like it when that happens :)

No comments: