Wednesday 30 July 2008

The Splits

I have a recurring dream, and it's of me doing the splits.
I remembered this the other day when I was practising - maybe I should work up to it, maybe the dream is saying I should do for it. Last night I dreamt of doing the splits - except in the dream I was remarking on how I have this recurring dream, and that I should try it, and lo and behold I did the splits effortlessly. Odd.

Back to real life, and I've done the splits once. I think I was about 13, I was in a dance class, practising, I remember it was towards the end of class and so my dad was waiting with the other parents. I went into the stretch too quickly, bounced right down into the splits which hurt. I remember saying, "shit," and hoping my dad hadn't heard me or read my lips. Haha!

Anyway, I have very short, tight hamstrings and I can't even touch my toes without serious warm up and even then it's very painful and I can only just do it.

I've got a Pole-da-cise class today, if I remember, I'll give it a go at the end of the class once I'm warmed up to see how far off I am (miles and miles I bet!) :)

No comments: